There is a coronavirus regrowth in Barcelona and in the rest of Catalonia. That is why the Government has asked this Friday the citizens of Barcelona and these 12 municipalities to only leave home for essential reasons, such as going to work or buying food. That is why the Government has taken certain measures that have come into force today, Saturday, July 18 at 9 in the morning. All these restrictions will last a minimum of 15 days. All this can make us wonder what can and cannot be done.
It should be borne in mind that the Government has not prohibited transportation, but it is recommended that trips on weekends and trips to second homes be avoided. So the Mossos d’Esquadra will not fine those who move.
In hospitals there is an increase in people in the emergency room, in the ucis and in hospitalizations for the Coronavirus. Primary care has been in “pre-alarm” for weeks. On Thursday the 16th Salut reported 1,293 new infections registered in Catalonia in the last 24 hours. They are similar figures to those of March and for this reason that in Barcelona and other municipalities they are taking these precautionary measures to prevent the regrowth from going further.
What municipalities do these recommendations and restrictions affect to prevent coronavirus outbreaks?
They mainly affect Barcelona and the following municipalities in its metropolitan area:
- El Prat
- Sant Joan Despí
- Sant Boi
- Sant Just Desvern
- Montcada i Reixac
- Santa Coloma de Gramenet
- Sant Adrià del Besòs
What precautions are recommended to take?
As no state of alarm is decreed, it is recommended to take the following precautions to avoid outbreaks due to coronavirus in Barcelona:
- Only leaving home to work, buy basic things, take care of dependent people or other displacement due to force majeure.
- Try to limit social contacts as much as possible.
- Control the capacity in the municipal markets.
- Take extreme precautions in all shops, premises and entities with public attendance, where you cannot enter without a mask.
What restrictions are taken for the outbreaks of Coronavirus in Barcelona?
The restrictions that come into effect on Saturday, July 18, 2020 are as follows:
- Meetings of more than 10 people are prohibited.
- The capacity is limited to 50% in the hospitality industry and the distance from the tables on the terrace must be greater. In addition, it cannot be consumed at the bar.
- The opening of theaters, cinemas, some gyms and sporting events, leisure activities and nightlife establishments is suspended.
- It will be necessary to have an appointment to go shopping at stores except in establishments of essential products (food).
- The accesses to playgrounds, recreational parks and outdoor sports courts (including petanque courts) are closed.
- Visits to nursing homes are also prohibited.
Despite these restrictions, the children’s summer camps and neighborhoods remain as the workplace is the last that should be affected, as well as conciliation. So the children’s houses and neighborhoods will not be closed. This also seeks to preserve the rights of children, who have suffered so much confinement months ago.
These measures seek to avoid social contact as much as possible, since, according to Salut, most of the infections by Covid-19 are occurring in family and social gatherings. As you can see, this practically means a return to phase 2 of de-escalation (you can read more information about what could and could not be done in phase 2 by clicking on this link). You have to take a step back to correct the Coronavirus outbreaks that are appearing in Barcelona and surroundings.