On January 27, the Royal Decree-Law 2/2021 to reinforce and consolidate social measures in defense of employment .
Although the RDL establishes measures of a labor nature, the final provision 8 of Decree Law 2/2021 establishes some measures that affect the field of housing leases and that modify the Real Decree Law 11/2020 of March 31 .
- Article 2 of RDL 11/2020 that refers to the extraordinary Extension of the lease contracts of habitual residence, establishing that:
- Maintains the possibility that The tenant may request an extraordinary 6-month extension of the lease, extending the period to request the extension until the end of the state of alarm (in principle, until May 9, 2021 if it is not extended again) .
- The tenant can only request a single extraordinary extension of 6 months. That is, only tenants of contracts after January 1, 1995, who have not previously requested it, may request this extension of the lease.
- It is also modified section A of article 4 of RDL 11/2020:
- Tenants in a situation of social vulnerability may request until the end of the state of alarm to the GRAND HOLDER ( natural or legal person who owns more than 10 urban properties or a surface area of 1,500 m²), a temporary and extraordinary postponement of the payment of the rent, provided that, by mutual agreement and on a voluntary basis, The parties have not previously agreed to a postponement or partial or total remission of the rent.
For more information you can visit the website of the & nbsp; College of Property Administrators of Barcelona-Lleida .
On the other hand, follow our content at Blog , Facebook , Instagram or Twitter for more content from the sector.