The Royal Decree-Law 8/2021 (RDL 8/2021), of 4 May, has been published in the BOE, by which urgent measures are adopted in the sanitary, social and jurisdictional order, to apply the next 9 of May after the end of the alarm state.
With regard to the real estate sector, this RDL 8/2021 sets out some of the measures detailed below.
1. MEETINGS AND ADOPTION OF AGREEMENTS BY THE MEETINGS OF THE COMMUNITIES OF OWNERS (RDL 8/2021)
Although RDL 8/2021 establishes a series of extraordinary measures applicable to the meetings of the communities of owners in regime of horizontal property, we must keep in mind that, regarding the horizontal property, is not applicable in Catalonia, as we have our own regulation in the horizontal property regime , contained in RDL 10/2020, of 27 March, modified by DL 53/2020, of 22 December .
Although this state regulation operated by RDL 8/2021 is not applicable in Catalonia, the extraordinary measures that it contemplates with a view to the meetings of the communities of owners follow and respect in the fundamental the guidelines of celebration of meetings of communities of owners and adoption of agreements established by Catalan regulations, as well as the College’s recommendations in this matter.
Basically, RDL 8/2021, for information purposes, states in Chapter II:
- The suspension of the obligation to convene and hold meetings of the communities of owners subject to the horizontal property regime until December 31, 2021.
- Exceptionally, during this period, the communities of owners may meet at the request of the president or a quarter of the owners (or at least 25% of the participation fees), if the adoption of an agreement is necessary. which cannot be delayed until 31 December 2021, by videoconference or by multiple telephone conference, by an agreement without holding a meeting by issuing a vote by post or telematic communication (establishing in this regulation a period of 10 calendar days to cast the vote), or in person ensuring the security measures applicable at any given time.
2. EXTENSION OF THE SUSPENSION OF HOUSING RENTAL LAUNCHES
En l’Article 7 del RDL 8/2021 es modifica el RDL 11/2020, concretament els seus articles 1 i 1 bis, de manera que es prorroguen tres mesos més les mesures de protecció en situacions de vulnerabilitat en matèria d’habitatge referides a la suspensió dels procediments de desnonament per falta de pagament o expiració del termini del contracte de la LAU 29/1994 i els llançaments per a llars vulnerables sense alternativa residencial, i també en els supòsits de desnonament per precari dels apartats 2n, 4t i 7è de l’article 250.1 de la Llei 1/2000, de 7 de gener, d’Enjudiciament Civil, i en aquells altres casos en els quals el desnonament porti causa d’un procediment penal per ocupació il·legal.
Recordem que perquè procedeixi la suspensió del procés o del llançament l’arrendatari haurà d’acreditar davant el Jutjat la situació de vulnerabilitat econòmica, de la qual es donarà trasllat als serveis socials perquè emetin un informe en el termini de 10 dies i es concretin les mesures a aplicar per l’Administració, i tot això haurà de ser valorat pel jutge si es considera prou acreditada la vulnerabilitat i acordar la suspensió, o no, del procediment o del llançament com a màxim fins al 9 d’agost de 2021.
3. EXTENSION OF THE DURATION OF THE HOUSING LEASE AGREEMENT
In the event that the lease is scheduled to expire between May 9 and August 9, 2021, pursuant to Articles 9.1 and 10 of the LAU 1994, upon request of the tenant, an extraordinary extension of the lease must be accepted by the landlord for a maximum period of six months , during which the same terms and conditions established for the contract in force will continue to apply . This would not be applicable in the event that both parties have agreed on other terms or conditions of the extension of the contract, or the landlord has informed the tenant of the need to dispose of it in accordance with provided for in Article 9.3 LAU 1994.
4. EXTENSION OF APPLICATION FOR MORATORIUM OR INCLUDATION OF INCOME (RDL 8/2021)
Until August 9, 2021, the tenant who is in a situation of economic vulnerability will have the opportunity to apply for a moratorium or partial forgiveness of rent , when the landlord is a public housing company or entity or a large holder, provided that such deferral or forgiveness has not already been achieved by agreement between the parties.
5. EXTENSION OF TERM REQUEST FOR COMPENSATION BY THE LEASER ( RDL 8/2021 )
Article 8 of RDL 8/2021 specifies that until September 9, 2021, landlords and homeowners affected by the extraordinary suspension of proceedings of eviction or releases, may submit the request for compensation provided for in the Second Additional Provision of RDL 37/2020, by reasoned and justified statement of compensation in accordance with indicated in this Provision.
For more information you can visit the College of Property Managers website of Barcelona-Lleida.