In these days when confinement has taken hold of us, many sectors are suffering economically because we cannot live our normal daily lives.
Measures are being taken and one of them is in relation to the self-employed, approved on 3 April. This measure mainly consists of providing aid of up to 2,000 euros to the self-employed to offset the losses caused by Covid-19.
What requirements do I have to fulfill to apply?
- Being self-employed with a tax domicile in Catalonia (self-employed workers are not members of trading companies, private civil societies, property communities, collaborators …).
- Do not have alternative income. In addition, the tax base of the last available income declaration must be equal to or less than 25,000 euros.
- Fulfill tax obligations with the State, the Generalitat, the Social Security. Otherwise, the corresponding resolution of extension, moratorium or any other special condition of the debts must be provided.
- Be registered in the RETA, at least, during the first quarter of 2020.
- Have no benefit since March 1, 2020 of the Youth Guarantee program to encourage the act of employment of young people.
- Suspend economic activity due to the application of Royal Decree 463/2020 (modified by Royal Decree 465/2020 and corresponding rules).
- Have suffered a drastic and involuntary reduction of its turnover during the month of March, as a result of Covid-19.
I meet the requirements, but what is the amount of aid?
The amount of the aid is between 100 and 2,000 euros. It should be borne in mind that the total amount to be allocated for these grants is 7,500,000 euros. Once this budget is exhausted, no further assistance will be granted.
How and when can I apply?
Like all the steps that are being carried out by means of the State of Alarm, the request for the aid is made electronically, by filling out the form provided by the Generalitat de Catalunya on its website.
The deadline for submitting the application is May 5.